I was a sorcerer in AD&D. Here I hope to be interesting--at least to someone.

Monday, April 19, 2010

Pope Forgives The Beatles After 44 Years

On April 11, 2010, the Pope made a statement to the effect that the popular 60's band, "The Beatles" were forgiven for the statement made by John Lennon in 1966, "The Beatles are bigger than Jesus!"

This statement was so unpopular in 1966, it created a huge upset in the world, and led to The Beatles' official apology just a few days later.  Apparently that was not enough, at least for the Roman Catholic Church.

It seems truly ludicrous that the current Pope should made a declaration of forgiveness now, especially since the person who made the statement has been dead for 30 years, and can't accept it!

To an atheist like me, I'm sure that the entire subject is pointless; but the act is so funny, I just thought I mention it here.  Excuse me, but I have to go laugh my ass off now...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home