I was a sorcerer in AD&D. Here I hope to be interesting--at least to someone.

Tuesday, December 09, 2008

Never Old Enough

I think that I can honestly say that I am sick of youth.

I have always had a youthful appearance. I have been listening to family and friends for years, telling me how lucky I am that I look so young. They are certain it's a blessing.

As usual, the people who want it, but don't have it, don't have a clue.

I am nearly 41 years old. I am carded in every "adult only" location I go to. If I try to buy saki and mirin to make Teriyaki sauce, the grocer asks for my ID.

Today, I was running a little late getting back to work from lunch, and I took the road that runs by the high school because I know it wouldn't get out for another 1/2 hour. For some unknown reason, there was a cop directing traffic on this road (I saw no obstacle), and he waved for me to stop. When I did, and I rolled down my window, he had a question.
"Where do you think you're going? Aren't you supposed to be in class?"

Sometimes I just want to scream.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Someimes just be thankful you don't have to have Botox! Ha! Lovely story, you.Don't worry by the time you are 43 it all catches up with you!

February 23, 2009 11:39 AM

 
Anonymous Gary Peeples said...

Carl, the Urbana police don't have anything better to do than to pull over a 41 year-old man? That's ridiculous!

April 07, 2009 10:14 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home