I was a sorcerer in AD&D. Here I hope to be interesting--at least to someone.

Monday, May 02, 2011

Osama Bin Laden -- Dead?

Well, we've all been waiting for a bit of closure concerning Bin Laden for quite a while, but have we actually got it?

When Saddam Hussein was captured, tried and executed, this caused many American citizens to feel true closure.  We knew he'd been captured; we knew he was dead.  He'd been clearly seen on television, and we could easily recognize him. 

Not so with Bin Laden.  With him, we've been told he's dead (not captured, dead).  His body has been buried at sea, with no images of the body visible.  This does not allow true closure.  How is it possible that a claim on the death of a truly vile individual can be made without any real evidence that said person is really dead?  We are only taking the word of our government on this; how often have we been lied to before?

I am not a paranoid person.  I do not make assumptions regarding the questionable deaths of famous people (like Elvis Presley -- seen him lately?).  I am, however, intelligent enough to always question any pronouncements made by representatives of our government.  I was taught to always doubt, and I will always do so until the day I die.  If Osama Bin Laden is actually dead, then I am glad he will not foment disaster upon us again.  I will always remember, however, that he was only a leader, and that he had many followers.  We must remain vigilant, and not assume that all trouble is over.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home