I was a sorcerer in AD&D. Here I hope to be interesting--at least to someone.

Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Politicians Pardoning Themselves Before- and After-the-Fact

Would you believe the US Senate is currently trying to pass a bill that would automatically give politicians immunity from prosecution if they’re found to be committing crimes while in office?!

This is what’s on the agenda.

If you read this, please send a message to your Senators insisting that they vote against this bill. I expect it would not pass the Supreme Court, but these days you never know.

Here’s the message I sent my Senators:

“Surely you jest. I mean, are you really considering pardoning a politician for a crime that would put anyone else in prison? If so, you'll be proving that our government is made up of people whose number-one agenda is to protect themselves and their political careers. If that is the message you want to give my fellow voters and I, then don't expect to be receiving a vote from your constituents next election. It's bad enough that most people believe that politicians are dishonest; it's worse to get proof of their dishonesty from the Congressional Record.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home